Rental & Property Management
Is there a start up fee?
No. This is an exclusive service for the homeowners at The Cove. We value a long-term relationship with the owners and want to illustrate this with a zero start up fee.
What does it cost to use The Cove's Vacation Rental Service?
- We use a commission based pricing model.
- We receive 30% of the total net rental income
- The owner receives 70% of the total net rental income
What do I get for your commission?
- Promotion and marketing of your property with our skilled in-house team
- Your property is listed on the top vacation rental channels and The Cove's website to get maximum exposure
- We use dynamic pricing tools to optimize your reservations and bookings
- Your home is professionally photographed at no cost to you
- We take care of the entire guest payment process, including handling of credit cards and security deposits
- We pay expenses related to the management of the rentals - internet, CFE and the like
- 24/7 guest support
- We coordinate cleaning services
- Cleaning supplies include - hand soap, dish & dishwasher soap, body wash, shampoo & conditioner, laundry soap, trash bags
- Thorough inspections by team after guest check-out
- We communicate feedback to you from guests to help with any improvements to your property
- Hurricane preparation & coordination of any repairs if necessary
- We handle all services and duties for the guests before and during a booking.
- We ensure the best customer service is delivered with each and every guest staying in your property.
Can the owner monitor rental activity online?
Yes! Our Owner Portal allows owners to view and book reservations, monitor work orders, and print monthly statements directly online.
What if I have guests who want to stay in my property?
As the owner you will have access to your booking calendar, making it easy for you to reserve your property for yourself or your guests. We encourage owners to book as far in advance as possible and to remember to update the calendar if plans change.
Do my guests pay a check-in fee when they use our property?
Yes. If owners are not present for their guest check-in, a small fee is charged. For security purposes, all guests of The Cove need to be welcomed onto the property.
Is there anything I am required to have in my home for incoming guests?
Yes. We strive to make the guest experience the best it can be so we have some minimum standards that are required. We are happy to share a list.
Do I use my own towels and sheets? What about plates and things?
No. We offer a competitively priced linen package that is a requirement of all owners to purchase who use the service. We also supply Dish packages if you choose not to use and restock your own; we strongly recommend you don’t use your own.
Who pays the credit card fees?
The credit card payment processing fees are shared between the owner and The Cove regardless if the reservation is procured by The Cove or a third party channel.
What is the difference between the Residence Management and the Property Manager?
The Residence Management oversees operations inside your property. If you use this service your main point of contact will be the residence management team - Baylee and Cindy. The Cove also has a Property Manager who oversees the condition and all aspects of common areas of the property, ensuring it is in accordance with The Cove’s standards and regulations. The Property Manager is paid by the HOA.
What fees do the guests pay?
In addition to the rental rates and cleaning fees, each paying reservation will be charged taxes and a service fee.
Can owners still rent out their own property & are there restrictions?
Yes you can rent your property. There is a rate parity policy in place in which the owner can only charge 10% lower than The Cove's short term rentals service base price. The owner pays for cleaning services before and after guest stays. And the check-in fee will be charged to the owner.
Do owners need to have property insurance to use the short term rental service?
Do you have a minimum age requirement to rent properties at The Cove?
The Cove Vacation Service recommends a minimum age requirement of 25 years old to book accommodation through our rental service. We recommend the owners also stipulate a minimum of 25 years old or older in the rental agreements with guests.
Do you prepare my property for a hurricane?
Yes. Included in the Vacation Rental Service, the team secures all outdoor furniture and lowers the hurricane shutters. The team supports in-house guests and manages communication with future guests. We also communicate any storm follow-up with the owner.
What is the policy with renting guests bringing pets?
Renting guests cannot bring pets. The Short Term Rental Service has a no pet policy.